I’m Kierra Edwards, born in New Haven and now proudly calling Bridgeport my home. I’m not just a mom, but a mom of two incredible children, aged 3 and 7. Beyond the joys of motherhood, I’ve embarked on a new journey as a business owner, offering residential and commercial cleaning services with a special focus. My services are tailored to families with unique health concerns like ADHD, asthma, allergies, and more. I believe in the power of chemical-free products to create a safer environment for our little ones.
My passion doesn’t stop there. I find immense joy in spending quality time with my children and giving back to my community. This drive led me to become a community health worker, a role where I strive to bridge the gap between health professionals and our wonderful community.
As we transition back to school for the new school year, I want to share a word of encouragement and five quick steps to stay connected with your children, especially if they have unique needs.
1. Remember that your unique child has unique gifts and needs. Embrace their individuality and nurture their strengths.
2. Find strength in your journey, and don’t be afraid to seek support when needed. You’re not alone in this.
3. Cherish every moment with your children. Celebrate their milestones, no matter how small they may seem.
4. Patience is key. Understand that progress may be gradual, but every step forward is a victory.
5. Love is the greatest motivator. Your love and support will empower your child to overcome any challenge.
Now, I’d like to leave you with a question: how do you show encouragement to your unique needs child on a daily basis? Please share your thoughts and experiences with our community. Together, we can inspire and support one another on this beautiful journey of motherhood.